Thursday, April 16, 2015

Making Minutes Count

As graduation and my departure for Europe grow closer and closer, I think about the one maybe two days I will get to see my boyfriend before I leave for several months.

Now I am faced with the task of figuring out how to make those last few minutes of time that I get to spend with him... last me for 2 and half months while we are away from each other.

How do we make minutes count with the ones we love? I have compiled a list of DOs and DONTs when you only have a short time with someone.

DOs
1. Hugs/Kisses/Hand holding (Physical touch is something that is so important to human interaction, not talking about heavy PDA, but small touches and pats on the back let people know you are there and care)
2. Listen and Respond (Don't worry about anything else you have to be doing. Be present and engage in conversation)
3. Go do something fun! (Activities that get you out of the house and moving are always great! Laughter and Smiles are the goal here)

DONTs
1. Pick petty fights. (Spend the time enjoying each others company, don't waste it arguing)
2. Just watch Netflix and lay in bed. (I know it is easy to bunker down and not do anything, but you will remember it all much more if you getting to talk and play with each other instead of watching a computer screen.)
3. Talk about how long you are going to be apart. (That is a problem for your future self, enjoy the moment while it is here.)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're very prepared for the challenge ~ good luck with traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog this semester. Best wishes for your trip to Europe and please stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete