Friday, February 20, 2015

4 Words I Live By

I have been playing around with this new idea. As a theatre performance major, many of my classes require me to talk about my own life experiences and the pieces that I can draw from when working on building a character for the stage. Recently, there is one story I keep coming back to, that has inspired this new freedom of thinking for me, and that is:

Make people love you. 



...That's it. It's that simple.

Now, I'm sure you are wondering, "Ashton, what was that one story that you kept going back to?" Well. Without embarrassing myself too much I will tell you...but only because it has a happy ending. 

It was my freshman year at HPU, and I had fallen for one of my best friends. He was a flirt. And I mean a BIG flirt. It was the night of the Pi Kapp Highlighter party and everyone was dressed in neon colors sports bras and shorts with whites cut up shirts to draw on with highlighters. Chaz being a gentleman walked me back to his house where a few of our friends were going to continue to celebrations. At this point in the night, I was having a great time! I had been drinking with my friends and the guy I really liked was walking with me to his house. 

I decided that this was as good a time as any to let him know how I felt. 

So I kissed him.

After the 5 seconds of shock, he grinned and just said, "Yeah?" All the while smiling from ear to ear.

Then I told him how it was. I told him that I really liked him, and that I believed that we were going to eventually date and be together. I said that I had prayed about it to God and that everything was going to work out the way it should. So no pressure. 

At hearing this, his face of shock was back but this time it took a little bit longer for him to compose himself. But then he kissed me.

3 weeks later we were dating.

And I am so happy to say that April 11, 2015 is our 3 year anniversary.

So many wonderful things can happen in your life if you have the courage and conviction to: 

Make people love you. 










1 comment:

  1. Your blog is deep, emotional and inspiring covering great topics such as your first love, experiences with loss and making people love you. I wish you and Chaz a happy anniversary! Your story is so beautiful as I am not sure I would have had the courage to do what you did when he walked you home that night. What an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete